Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I am having such a wonderful summer. Not working for the first time in my life is so lovely, and I don't feel guilty because this is an unprecedented occurrence. Last week my mom and little sister came to Brooklyn just so we could have a family weekend together. And, per his request, my boyfriend and my mom met for the first time. My mom cooked a big dinner and we all ate together-My mom, my sisters, and two boyfriends. It was awkward and giggly and cute, and also the first time that a boyfriend of mine has ever eaten with my family.
This week I am babysitting a baby cat, one from our litter, while her owner is in Chicago. Baby Cat is tiny, bouncy, and unbelievably cute. For the first two days, she was nervous and that made her very mean, so she snarled at us whenever we came near, and stayed in her carrier as much as possible. But on the third day, I woke up to find her sleeping on top of my feet. Then yesterday I went to sleep with her at my feet, and woke up to find her curled up right next to my face. Now she's cuddly and adorable and afectionate, and we are having the best time ever. My boyfriend has been absolutely beside himself about Baby Cat, and can't get enough of her. I have honestly, truly never ever been so happy in my life, and in this relationship with this handsome, sweet, affectionate, warm boy. I am so, so happy happy happy.
-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment