Monday, May 17, 2010

Does this look disgusting or wonderful? Because it was WONDERFUL and also what I ate for dinner 2/7 nights a week this year. Spinach + onions + quinoa.
Also, check out the stains I introduced to my roommate's rug. :)

The night I got back to Bellport, we made this. Paulina and Brian made stinging nettle-arugula-shiitake ravioli and I made tomato sauce and a blueberry almond cake and it was absolute heaven.

On Saturday night, Paulina and I drank gin and went on chatroulette. We showed people our mouths full of candy and not our tits. Then, after 3 hours of sleep, I woke up at 8 to drive an hour to some gallery in Nassau and help take down my mother's show. I smelled like horrors and looked worse but I appeared to all to be a good person and I think my karma points increased a little bit.
Also, I secretly thought to myself the entire time "see, now I can properly marry an artist because I know the ins and outs of the artist lifestyle. I am fully equipped to support them in all their creative endeavors, I've got the brawn to help them hang/unhang shows, and I am a decent schmoozer when in the right mood. The perfect artist's companion." Everything I think and do is related to marriage and babies and love and my own happiness. Camille's selfish utilitarian way of life.
and a p.s.
I have been in love with one person in my whole entire life and he invited me today to his wedding celebration. It'll be taking place in July in Bern. There were only 100 other people invited. Of the 50 people he chose to invite, I was one of them. Is this ultra-flattering or ultra-insulting, considering that 5 months ago he was my partner; his now-wife is the woman he left me for; and, most of all, considering that I still think about him constantly, cry over him, and am generally less fun to be around because of my inability to get over his dazzling self?
I don't know if the invite was out of pity or meanness, but either way
bummer, man.

-Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment