Sunday, May 9, 2010

I had a really fun weekend with my family. We went out to eat twice in one day, once for dim sum and then for dinner, and then earlier today my mom made a huge dinner before heading back. She taught me how to make tapioca pudding with coconut milk and mango, which is the best, most summery, delicious, heavenly, ambrosia-like dessert ever. I dream about it all year.
And she shared some of her home remedies for cramps, massaged my hands with her crazy voodoo when I had a headache, and made hilarious fat people jokes. I had mangosteen for the first time, which my mother informs me is the queen of fruits, and durian is the king. The bag of them came out to almost twenty dollars. I love it when my mom splurges on food because it means she's relaxed



Also I'd just like to point out how similar our facial expressions are. Doesn't my mom look like a mafia boss?

I'd also like to say that, in an unprecedented show of kindness, my mom gave money to a subway saxophonist. The softer side of my mother is really quite adorable.

-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment