Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Charlton about falling in love: "While my falling in love with Lydia almost instantly makes complete sense to me, I've never understood what drew her to me. Her generosity of spirit, is my guess, though Lydia has never been very forthcoming on the question. when I pressed her on this subject once, she wmiled and said, 'Words, Charlie ... words. I loved the way you talked about things -- paintings, horses, trees.'"
Source: Charlton Heston, In the Arena: An Autobiography, page 47.

Charlton about Lydia's birthday: "In the spring, we often stood beside a lilac bush near the Speech School embracing for ten minutes at a time. I still send her lilacs on her birthday every year."
Source: Charlton Heston, In the Arena: An Autobiography, page 49.

No comments:

Post a Comment