Friday, January 28, 2011

Meanwhile, in New York

My lovely raven-haired thick-as-thieves best friend forever is not here. You are having lots of adventures and dare I say, getting even the most dramatic and so appropriately what the fuck ailments to make your travels even more fraught with intrigue.
But meanwhile, in New York:
Today Cyndy and I were doing a crossword puzzle, and because of my pre-Med bio class that I thought I had taken nothing from, I knew that the answer to 4-down, protein in muscle cells, was myosin. Bam.

I think I mentioned this once before, but recently I was hired to be a paid contributor/blogger for an website, and today they sent me a contract and some tax forms so shit is really legit. It's exciting, and usually I feel like I jinx myself by bringing up my happiness too early in the game, before I've built up an appropriately thick wall of nonchalance, but I'm in the kind of mood where I can confront that bad and good things will happen to me whether or not my guard is up or I cross all of my fingers or I count to 17. And yes, I do all of those things.

And lastly, since we are covering mitosis and meiosis in biology, I just want say that I think telophase is beautiful sometimes. And no, spellcheck, I did not mean 'telegraph' or 'cellophane,' thanks.
images via Science Photo Library



-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment