Monday, September 13, 2010

It is absolutely ridiculous the number of times I have listened to "If You Ever Did Believe" since we watched Practical Magic together. A lot of times. It helps me get into the mood for fall, and Halloween, and apples, and cute romance, and watching Practical Magic.
I'm so happy that you have a crush that makes you feel the way you do-- I know exactly what you're describing. It feels like the older we get, the more elusive this incredibly uplifting, satisfying crush-feeling gets. It feels very wonderfully and nostalgically 90s, if it's even ok for me to place it in an era. For me, it's the crush that Sabrina had on Harvey.

This weekend my mom came to Brooklyn, along with my sister and grandmother. That means I was able to introduce my boyfriend to my favorite person in the whole world. My mom cooked a big dinner and she even made conversation with my boyfriend in her cute little broken English, and dinner was comfortable and easy. That's a little bit of a feat for me, since in the past I've tried to distance my family from my relationships as much as possible. After dinner, he and I went in search of ice cream, and the owner of our newly discovered Italian restaurant made us pistachio sundaes, even though they weren't accepting any more customers. We also drank apple juice, ate pomegranates,

and sour watermelon gummies, which are not pictured here.
Lastly, this gem ends (but really began) our weekend of an accidental red theme. On Thursday we had dinner in Union Square, and stargazed (ha) for a little bit in the park. He took a seat easily on a ledge that came up to my armpit, while I had to hoist myself up with some help from an old-fashioned fire hydrant. In the process, I dislodged this red cap from the hydrant. We decided to keep it.

-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment