Wednesday, December 1, 2010


It's true, I am not a Dr. Who bitch, even though I am painfully aware that I would love it, and it would more than likely consume my every waking hour. But now that I have a tv in my room, and have figured out how to use it as a second monitor and thus stream Netflix onto my tv, I fully anticipate that I will soon be a Dr. Who zombie.
And- even though at this point my understanding of Dr. Who is minimal, Chris Hardwick has gushed over the show/Matt Smith enough times that I fully understood the magnitude that was the feat of getting him on the podcast. And yeah, it was not incredible, like Joel or Stan Lee or Rob Zombie. When the guest is not a comedian or well-loved (by us) actor, but an author, or another podcast personality, it's not mindblowing.
Chris has to play serious host, and they miss out on all the comedic possibilities because Chris is so nice and just talks to build up his guest, and then it's just a straightforward talk show about working hard and getting their big break, and their "process." I'm not into that. I want irreverence and nerdy science references and dirty jokes and Joel McHale. But not everyone can be Joel McHale.

Also, too, p.s., one more thing: Jordan Jesse Go! is another great podcast, and they've really grown on me, like an adorable two-headed fungus. Hardwick is a friend/sometimes-collaborator and that's how I discovered them. It's good shit.


Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment