Tuesday, October 12, 2010



Chris Hardwick hates dessert pie, and that makes me like Chris Hardwick even more. How endearing is his little boy+ I hate pie face? I don't know if I've mentioned this before (probably and almost definitely) but I don't like pie or other flaky pastries because the sensation of foods flaking off as I bite them is abhorrent to me. I didn't think I was going to be able to relate this to anything else that happened to me today, but ridiculously, I can. I discovered Fage yogurt today, and mixed with the honey in the side compartment, it tastes like cheesecake. Chinese people aren't big on yogurt, nor do a lot of us know what it is. I only do because of white people, but anyway, this yogurt is about to become the center of my universe. Cyndy and I have had a long standing failure to communicate when it comes to cheesecake, because she loves it, but the exterior terrain of cheesecake is just so awful to me. Now I never have to deal with it ever again, although previously I was dealing with this by not eating cheesecake at all. But voila, yogurt is delicious.

I went to a Ratatat concert on Saturday, something I was extremely apprehensive about since, at the last concert, all my shit was stolen, and I've spent many a night hoping that the person who did this to me would die in ways I won't describe in case this blog ever goes public. But this new Ratatat was amazing and cathartic, and Tyler protected me like a big papa bear the whole time, elbowing bitches in the face so that I could dance the night away. And, I picked up a free ratatat shirt that someone dropped and a flannel. Tyler got a new hat. We cleaned up.


As for Jamie, I can't even do justice to what I owe her. I'm so grateful that our unlikely pairing came to be, self absorbed, morose, and precocious me, and bright, whimsical, kind Jamie. She was so good for me because she was better than me, always coaxing me down from my storm of fury over some petty problem in my life. She and Jody really, really took care of me and made me a better person than I might have been. Jamie has actually known me since before I spoke English, when I didn't understand why anyone would let themselves experience the surely perilous death of the trampoline, and when I had no concept of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I'm glad every time I'm reminded that Jamie is still in my life, that her happiness and sincerity are as restorative to others as they are to me.


Lastly, here are some rambutans from my weekend

-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment