Monday, October 11, 2010

I am sitting in a cold library room. My fingers barely work, so this will be short.
I am sick. You know this because we've discussed it before, but let me just say that when I get ill my mind goes somewhere else. Somewhere wonderful and far away, somewhere full of song and laughter and napping and talking at very high volumes. I rarely, rarely ever take drugs when I'm feeling poorly (I can't remember the last time I took an ibuprofen and that's all I've ever used to treat fever/aches/illness, besides doctor-prescribed antibiotics when I was younger and congestion-relief pills I took two years ago when I traveled all the way back to Long Island to make cake, only to find myself stuffed up and miserable. So I took the pills to clear it up, ate lots of raw garlic, gave myself a nosebleed, and managed to taste my delicious cake after all. Interesting experiment).

Anyway. I am sick and stumbled upon a picture of our mutual best-sister-friend, Jamie, and immediately started crying in the library remembering all of the times where her bubbly, altruistic, selfless love has saved me from a lot of pain. She doesn't help me work through problems: you do that. But she does help me realize that, outside of my problems, I can find love and joy in sources that are comfortable and familiar: sources that will remain comfortable and familiar to me for as long as she's around. I love her so much and I know you do too.
Also, she's so much fucking fun.

ALSO, I have eaten half a bag of Hall's Vitamin C drops and 14 cloves of raw garlic in the past 24 hours. I can't say "oh, it's working!" because I don't know how I'd feel if I hadn't done that. But the garlic does give instant relief (instant = half an hour-ish), so I feel good about that.
Kiss me, I bet I smell revolting. Luckily, I can't tell for sure.

Lastly. JAFAR! Brilliant! That's a villain I definitely would have overlooked but is one which probably evokes the most palpably dense, smoky, seductive, sensual, and sinister feelings of them all!

-Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment