Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Camille says hi back!

And can I just say that I am so, so happy to be doing the thesis work that I am doing? Stacks and stacks of papers to read, presentations to make up and deliver, research plans to be confirmed ten times over, grants to apply for, travel to arrange, and drafts and drafts and drafts to write and edit to no end... but I am still happy. I love my topic and find it endlessly fascinating. When I take breaks from reading, they're not because my brain has turned into a rotting, soupy blob, but instead because I need to just pause and try to mentally organize and compartmentalize all of the cool shit I just encountered.

I love these mushrooms, I love their hosts, and I love that the problem I am studying seems to be of concern in the areas of the world I've always most longed to visit. I don't know how I will feel a few months from now, but at the moment it feels like the absolute most perfect fit for me.

Amanita muscaria

EDIT: Also, please check out this guy's illustrations.

-Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment