Wednesday, November 3, 2010

That old boyfriend who has the most handsome parents we've ever drunkenly gazed upon emailed me this morning while I was at work, sitting in during an interview of one of the history professors.
I had been the history department's representative during the whole setup of cameras/lights in this professors office (literally to unlock the door, pretend to be refined or at all in-the-know regarding this professor's affairs, and make sure these people didn't steal or break anything in the office. A little degrading....) and was sitting in during the warm-up conversation before they started filming. I had been on my computer, trying to get some work done while still being a presence in the room, and was checking my email when what did I see but a delightful little email titled "lover" from said old boyfriend. I opened it and attached was a picture this man had taken of his mother, her gazing out the window and looking, I kid you not, like the most fucking gorgeous smiley Lauren Bacall version of herself that I'd ever seen; sans makeup; her hair perfectly worn; and just glowing with youth, vitality, and contentedness (as always). He'd written something like "oooooooh, sexy sexy!" in the message of the email and I immediately started squealing, blushing, laughing, and touching my face with delight. This ruckus was not appreciated by anyone, surprisingly enough :) .

Truly, though, she is so very beautiful! I spent Halloween at their house carving pumpkins, joining them for Sunday dinner, and watching the Mighty Boosh as a family after the meal, and it was absolutely magical.
I was a monarch butterfly for Halloween- and wore the same costume that I wore when I was 7, 14, 15, and 18. Always an insect.

I have never met a couple who I admire and appreciate more (in terms of their kindness, generosity, and unconditional affection towards everyone they encounter) and, even more than this, I have never met a couple so goddamn attractive.
Every time I did something she found sweet she'd touch my arm, holding back from a hug but still letting me know that my presence was welcomed and appreciated. Every touch would give me baby shivers of delight, not from arousal (no, really!), but from the pure electric transfer of her tranquil warmth.
Don't even get me started on her husband, old boyfriend's father. I could write a book about all the ways in which I appreciate him. It's probably really annoying to listen to, actually. I bet old boyfriend is bitterly regretting that first day when he brought me home to meet them...


I had always (tried to love but) absolutely abhorred the Mighty Boosh. Now I just don't care for it. It's not as bad as a thought: endlessly, wonderfully creative; but just too silly for my tastes. I do dig the music and costumes, though.

-Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment