Wednesday, November 17, 2010

This morning was not a good morning. I took a physics test which I was certainly ill-prepared for (lack of preparation + the subject I have never managed to figure out = recipe for ? ) and I CRASHED and BURNED. It actually surprised me how badly it went. I had a stomach ache, I was full of dread, and I was really stressing afterward. I need a C or higher to have this class count towards my major (or else I need to take it again) and I really needed a good grade on this test in order to pull up my average.
I was making myself feel physically ill thinking about it, so I decided to stop thinking about it. As soon as I came home from work I made myself a nice meal, I am now sitting barefoot and bare-legged on my bed (my default comfy pose), and I am going to take a nap after I finish this. I have lots more work to do tonight, but right now I am just going to live in the present and try not to think about the stresses that I just endured or the stresses that lie ahead.

You give me really good advice, Karen. The thing I kept reciting over and over in my head while I was trying to calm down was what you told me after I had experienced a really lackluster and confusing first date with someone I had really, really, really wanted to start a relationship with.

"Stop thinking about it. Turn the page."

So I did.


P.S. If Bill Nye the Science Guy only taught physics, we wouldn't have this problem.

-Camille

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing advice. Don't stress about it even if you do have to take it again, stress always makes everything so much worse. Also, I like those pictures a lot, and I think I'll look through the link you gave instead of writing my essay now.

    ReplyDelete