Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I too have a habit of playing dead when someone I'm not interested in seeing tries to keep in contact with me. And frankly, I don't see what the harm is if you barely even know each other. He'll get the message and back off if he has any sense, and if he doesn't, then you can proceed with a slightly harsher YR DUMPED.

Yesterday I was napping on the train on the way to school, and when I woke up between Canal St and Union Square, there was a class of four or five year olds on the train. Three children squeezed in next to me, and the closest one just looked up at me, and had the following mostly one-sided conversation at me.
Her: You have black stuff on your eyes.(my eyeliner)
Me: I know
Do you speak Spanish? My brother and my sister speak Spanish.
Um, a little
Can you teach me Spanish?
(Minutes away from my stop) Ok...
WOW! Your nails match your eyes! You're pretty.
Thanks
I'm pretty too, right?
Yeah, you're pretty
Right juice is bad for you?
Not if it's made from real fruit, like apples
Or watermelon!
Right
And bananas! I have a banana (pulls one from her lunch bag, holds out for me to inspect.)




And, since I didn't take a picture of anything great today, here's some broccoli rabe that I cooked for dinner.

om nom nom

-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment