Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Today was a terrible day because of work. I thought it would be a nice day, because my first class was cancelled and that means extra sleep and I was so happy! But then I went to work today, after talking to Cyndy last night about how stressful my job could be sometimes and how I was considering getting a different job for the fall.
So within 15 minutes of being outside with the kids, two girls were playing tag and collided with one another, resulting in one of them getting a cut on her knee, and me having to take her to the nurse. Then, a boy was pushed off the jungle gym and broke his arm. He was sobbing and saying his arm was broken and I assumed he was overreacting, until the nurse asked him to stick his arms straight out, and one was straight, and the other looked like a noodle.
She later said that my face was so impressive that she was also worried about me. THEN after his dad came to take him to St. Luke's along with the paramedics, and I had to fill out an incident report, the students were doing homework and a table with a really loose bolt, fell on a student's leg, and we had to send her home. Another incident report. HORRIBLE TERRIBLE UGH.
So then I came home, made myself a sweet potato, showered while that was being steamed, put on my pajamas, took my vitamins and now I am here.
I don't think you needed to get his information. A bad vibe is a bad vibe. And I can completely relate to your dream problem. When I don't feel that I've sufficiently terrorized someone in my dream, whether it's a villain, faceless monster, or horrible childhood nemesis, I wake up angrier than ever, and I can't fix it because I can't go back. I don't know what to make of my dreams about people I wish I could beat up, but it will probably manifest itself in a stage mom way, where I encourage my children to live out the dreams of hustling the playground because I couldn't. But then there are also the lucid dreams, where such crazy shit happens to me and I'm absolutely terrified that I'll never wake up, and forever be trapped in my dreamworld, like the movie Cell.
By the way, Charm City Cakes has merchandise including aprons. They're plain but I still kind of want one.

-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment