Sunday, April 4, 2010

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

I am having the best day ever. Cyndy picked up my strawberry shortcake which I am not allowed to see, I woke up to two great grades/praise from my journalism professor, in whose class I've been feeling stressed, we got my amazing sandwiches for lunch, and then we picked up plants because I wanted
something to take care of. Lastly, we are going out to dinner later tonight to our favorite neighborhood restaurant which makes their own incredible tofu.
Also, I love that you find my eating psychosis endearing because I think it makes me crazy. Especially since all I do all day is think about food. While we were on our way to get these sandwiches, which took cajoling that took place over a 24 hours, I was telling Cyndy how I was planning the rest of my week around eating duck.

Also, I dressed nicely today because I felt I should rise to the occasion, and I don't feel bad showing off today!


I especially want to show off these amazing dichroic glass earrings that Cyndy bought for my birthday (per my request) which I am in LOVE with. I don't know if you can tell how detailed the earrings are, but it looks like a nebula. According to Cyndy, dichroic glass was developed by NASA, which for me means it might as well have been invented by Bill Nye, love of my life.




While we waited for Cyndy to come back, Abra and I sat on the windowsill and sunbathed. He was nervous about being outside I think, but he got adventurous after awhile.





AND, I just found out two nights ago that Food Network was back on basic cable. Even though I am extremely disappointed in their mostly Sandra Lee-clone lineup all about making food as quickly, carelessly, and efficiently as possible, I am really happy to have Ace of Cakes back in my life.

<3<3<3 BON ANNIVERSAIRE TO ME.

-Karen

1 comment: