Monday, April 5, 2010

You looked beautiful yesterday!
Also, I did tell you that Brian played ultimate with Bill Nye while he was at Cornell, right?

This past weekend I went to Long Island. I wasn't planning on going, but I ended up finding a free ride out there and figured HEY, who likes bike riding + beaches + gardens + sugar more than me? Nobody, that's who.
Saturday I worked on some etchings, failed to realize the volume of my own voice at the library, went bike riding, and made dinner with my favorite people. Mango salad, spring rolls, rice pilaf, and curried zucchini sliced paper thin. It was the first time since November that the four of us were together and it was so deliciously comfortable. I haven't felt so relaxed and constantly-smiley in a while.
It wasn't an uproarious good time either, which is what made it an absolutely perfect departure from my regular work-procrastination-work-food-work-procrastination routine. Spiritually nourishing, quiet, and something special done just for us: just what I needed.
I can understand why you wanted to dress up for your birthday. I feel the same way when I have little dinner parties. Using really special/rare ingredients, lighting candles, putting in lots of extra effort for no real reason- all makes me feel so good. It's not to impress anyone or to lead to some specific outcome. Just doing something nice for those you love, simply because you love them.
Sunday we went to my grandparents' house. I made a killer quiche and played with dirt in my grandfather's gardens.
insane forest growing on a brick

It's 10am and I'm in the best mood. Also, I really want to be friends with Moby. We both live in the city, I don't see what the problem is.

-Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment