Sunday, April 18, 2010



Isn't this thing crazy? It used to be a tiny stump a few summers ago, but now this person grows Chinese squash-type vegetables that are easily as tall as I am.


I went to pick up some duck and a new cutting board today, and this is just a random sample of some of the wares from the typical Chinese supermarket. This is really just a tiny portion of what's available. Every time I go grocery shopping I get really excited because everything is so colorful and ridiculous.


Some of the mushrooms
Bitter melons. Every time my grandma eats these, her face bunches up and her lips purse together. It is friggin adorable.


These are tiny little packets of candy by the register. If I weren't twenty years old I would be all over these.I did, however, have to buy thisbecause I needed a place to put my coins and on top of his head there is a small slot for just that purpose. Also he is really really cute. And this coffee because I love the packaging, and I try to get different coffee each month. I also felt like no one else was going to buy French coffee from the Chinese market. I had to rescue it.

-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment