Thursday, April 1, 2010

Concerning your sweater: let's get Exeter on this shit. Get yourself some nice leather (or pleather, I'm vegan, you know...) patches for those elbows, pour yourself some scotch, and get ready for a playful, intellectual, and, above all, pretentious discussion of John Stuart Mill's Utilitarianism.
I jest, sort of.
But really. It looks cashmere, in which case I wouldn't do anything besides maybe try and fix up the edges (as you do when you're hemming a skirt, so it doesn't fray) and love it all the more delicately until there's nothing left.

Concerning bullies: I remember making fun of my younger sister once (when I was maybe 11, the sister helping in the teasing was 9, and the one being teased was about 5). I don't remember the specifics, but stoic Emily (the 5yr old) suddenly broke down and started wailing. She told us about how miserable she was because all day at school all the other children made fun of her and, finally, when she got home to the place where she was supposed to feel most comfortable, this is what she was welcomed with.
Paulina (9) and I immediately started crying. This was our sparkling, sunshine Emily. She was always cheerful, always sharing, always complacent, and, on a completely artificial level, she was quite beautiful. And she was in kindergarten. She hadn't been in school for more than a year and already she was really getting broken down.
This is Emily. I think it was the summer before said event happened.
(Also, please note that she still does things like this- she didn't wither and die. She is today one of the most remarkably confident and carefree people I know).

I've been drinking so much tea lately (which I only really do when I'm either feeling disgustingly wealthy or when I'm at my parent's house and their tea-cabinet is just overflowing) and I love it. There's this one kind which is probably starting to replace my blood, considering how often I drink it.
What I love about it is:
a. it SO cheap (speaking comparatively here. But it is relatively cheap since it's produced by such a big brand)
b. it is not disgusting like every single other berry tea that exists
c. it complements the cinnamon of my morning oatmeal so nicely.Like matching your clothing, it's something very small but strangely satisfying.

Finally: it's spring.

I went on a walk with a friend today and she made me take this picture, pretending the branch was a mustache. I've never posed in such a feminine, soft way for a picture in my life. I tend to gravitate more towards Joan of Arc or Henry Rollins. Not Snow White.

-Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment